Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Real World: Bilingual Children

Before & After:

What I know about Bilingual children is that sometimes they tend to struggle while growing up and learning the right format of the English language and teachers tend to put children in speech therapy. Many jobs now prefer that applicants be bilingual because as a diverse country we are speaking, reading and writing more languages than just the English language. What I would like to know is how can parents help their children be bilingual at an early stage without the child being more fluent in one than the other. I learn that is it better if one language is spoken at home and the other spoken in a day care center so the child can learn both languages in two different places at the same time. What I would like to know is how can immigrant parents help their children learn English and not wait until it gets too hard for them to learn English as a second language.

1 comment:

  1. Is very true!! At home, we have to speak in Spanish but out side from home we speak English.

    ReplyDelete