Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Beautiful laughing Sisters

Being a refugee isn't easy and having to adapt to another type of culture or life style doesn't make it better. As I was reading this story it reminded me of the millions of people out there that go through this type of pain and torture like the girls went through for no reason. I was amazed how the two girl decided to share their powerful story with the narrator and how emotionally attach one can get from just listening to their dramatic story. It was good that Meena and Shireen found someone to speak to and share their stories with because at time I believe that the only way to get pass something is to confront it.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that someitmes the only way to get pass something is by confronting it. I feel terribel that any female would have to actually have this kind of experience. Why would they treat females like this, and I think its just wrong to have them wear heavy clothing and scarf outside with a temperature of 96 degrees or somehting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiara, I agree that in order to deal with a problem, you must confront it directly, as the sisters did in this article.
    Keep reading!
    Prof. Wstry

    ReplyDelete