Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Internet addiction linked to ADHD, depression in teens

Before & After

What I know about the internet is that it is very addictive and many people spend most of their hours of the day on it, whether it is chatting online or doing their homework, they are constantly on it. What I would like to know is how being an internet addiction is linked to ADHD because of what I am aware, people who have ADHD is a disorder that many people catch at a young age. What I learned is that kids with depression, social phobia or even hostile tend to be the ones who are internet addicts. The male generations are at a higher risk of internet addiction than girls, and those who used the Internet for more than 20 hours a week, every day, or for online gaming, are at higher risk as well. It was also said that kids with depression, anger issues, or social problems also turn to the internet as a form of therapy. Internet addiction is not a serious effect and therefore there isn’t a necessary action to take upon kids. The only suggestion is that parents try to control the amount of time and the type of internet kids use such as gaming, etc. What I would like to know is how bad can the internet addiction get, if everything we do and use has some type of access to it and modern technology advance as the internet does?

7 comments:

  1. This a very intresting article I didn't know you could get internet addicted, well it is at times obvious when you are too much in the internet, but we should measure how long we are on the computer. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe this at all. I think that stuff like this just happens and has been happening for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many people who is addicted of using the internet. This is not good for any body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats definetly true most internet addicted children seem to have a social phobia

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I am not majoring in becoming a doctor. Are you? You sound like you should be one. I think everyone can trust you as their doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never knew internet was addicting. Who really has so much time on their hand to be on the internet for 20 hours a week. Maybe something should be down about this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is true about people with ADHD that the internet is like therapy to them it also effects people who are depressed it their escape door in a way.

    ReplyDelete